The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
FIRST – The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service
SECOND – High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society
THIRD – The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life
FOURTH – The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
The Rotary Club of Quincy supports projects within Quincy and Adams County through the special fund request program. Non-profit organizations can submit requests anytime throughout the year for projects that meet the
1. Typical awards range from $250 to $1,000.
2. Awards can be for non-recurring needs. After an award has been granted, the waiting period to reapply for the same award is two years.
3. Awards can be to help with sponsorship or project expenses.
4. Requests endowments or general operational expenses will not be accepted.
5. Application submission are open from October through March each year.
1. Complete the Request for Funding Application and submit it via mail or email to the Rotary Club of Quincy. (P.O. Box 825, Quincy, IL 62306 or firstname.lastname@example.org) during open application submission timeframes.
2. Requests are reviewed by the Request for Funding Committee and recommendations for funding are forwarded to the Rotary Club Board by the end of April each year.
3. The Board reviews the recommendation and makes the final approval.
4. The Board decision is communicated back to the requestor by the chair of the committee and the committee chair contacts the organization by May each year for all awards. Also during May, each awarded organization is asked to attend a Rotary meeting to share with members what the funding is used for and a media photo.
– Advocacy Network for Children
– Blessed Sacrament School
– Lincoln in the District
– Quincy Area Partnership for Unmet Needs
– Quincy Art Center
– Quincy Community Theater
– Salvation Army
– Shelterbox USA