A fun, family tradition continues as Rotary’s Oktoberfest returns to The District and QuBA (Quincy Brewery Arts) in Quincy, Illinois with more to do, more to see, and TWO high-energy polka bands that’ll keep your toes tapping!
WHAT: 7th Annual Rotary Oktoberfest
WHEN: Saturday, October 12th, 2019 — Noon to 10pm
Why: Fundraiser for The Rotary Club of Quincy – all funds raised will be spent on major projects in Quincy
WHERE: Quincy IL’s German Historic District outside of QuBA’s Dick Brothers brewery. York Street between 9th and 10th streets
Tickets Available at Oktoberfest or Online NOW!
Party in the strasse with thousands! York street between 9th and 10th will host beer trucks from the major local distributors offering dozens of domestic and German beers. In the buildings of the old Dick Brothers Brewery home brewers will have tastings, while literally thousands of people will tour the tunnels and caverns ($10 per person) beneath the Brewery complex – and York street!
If you’re in the mood for a little (and we do mean little) exercise with your Oktoberfest, sign up ($12) for the not-so-grueling 0.2k Beer & Brat Dash! And throughout the day, funky polka music courtesy of the ÜberCool Band and the Heidelberg German Band will have you dancing in the street!
Brewery Tunnel and Cavern Tours
New in 2018 – more tunnels continue to be re-opened and on the tours. Tunnels everywhere!
- When: Saturday, October 12, 2019
- Time: Noon to 8pm
- Tickets available at Oktoberfest
- Tours are $15 per person
- Unfortunately due to insurance requirements, children under 9 are not permitted on the tours
- Tours start every 15 minutes
Dancing, Live Music, & Activities
Hey, it’s a street party (Strassenfest)! We’ll have beer on tap from the major distributors offering dozens of brands of domestic and German beers, along with craft brew tastings in the Brewery from 4-7pm! Stage sponsored by First Bankers Trust Company.
- Heidelberg German Band – 12:30pm to 4:30pm
- ÜberCool Band (more wild polka-themed fun) – 5pm to 9pm
- Brats and other delicious food cooked and served hot!
The Infamous 0.2K Beer & Brat Dash
Dash 200 meters while drinking a beer and eating a brat! A Quincy Rotary Oktoberfest ORIGINAL, this “grueling” 0.2k dash carves a track through York street with the help of Oktoberfesters. Interesting observation: the 3pm heat usually includes several highly competitive types who are out to win. By the 7pm heat, most participants are a bit more… relaxed.
Sponsored by Coors Light.
- Heats at 3pm, 5pm, and 7pm
- $12 per person – All participants get a full cup of beer, a delicious brat, and the highly coveted 0.2k Beer & Brat Dash window sticker!
- Buy tickets online now!
- Click here to view waiver
Craft Brew Tasting
Want to sample unique craft brews? Of course you do! For just $10, get unlimited tastings during the designated timeframe! Sponsored by HOMEBANK!
- 4pm to 7pm
- Buy tickets now online!
Miller Lite/Mississippi Belle Distributors * Bud Light/Rinella Company * Coors Lite/Haubrich Enterprises
* StarRadio * WGEM * Quincy Herald-Whig * Refreshment Services Pepsi * County Market * Y101 * Oldies 106
Knapheide * Priority One Printing * State Street Bank * Golden Bridges * Titan International
Quincy Area Convention & Visitors Bureau * Classic Colors * Craig Industries
* Tigerhawk Technologies * Klingner & Associates P.C. * HOMEBANK * First Bankers Trust Company
Western Catholic Union * Leenerts Consulting *Vervocity Interactive * International Eye Care Center
Free admission. All proceeds benefit local Rotary Club Projects.
Take a look at past Oktoberfests… this could be you!