A fun, family tradition continues as Rotary’s Oktoberfest returns to The District and QuBA (Quincy Brewery Arts) in Quincy, Illinois with more to do, more to see, and TWO high-energy polka bands that’ll keep your toes tapping!
WHAT: 6th Annual Rotary Oktoberfest
WHEN: Saturday, October 13th, 2018 — Noon to 10pm
Why: Fundraiser for The Rotary Club of Quincy – all funds raised will be spent on major projects in Quincy
WHERE: Quincy IL’s German Historic District outside of QuBA’s Dick Brothers brewery. York Street between 9th and 10th streets
Tickets Available Online or at Oktoberfest
- Sign up online NOW! – Tunnel Tours
- Sign up online NOW! – 0.2k Beer & Brat Dash
- Sign up online NOW! Beer Stein Holding Contest
- Sign up online NOW! Calftown Tours
- Order tickets online NOW! NEW: Posh Parties on Park Place Tour
Party in the strasse with thousands! York street between 9th and 10th will host beer trucks from the major local distributors offering dozens of domestic and German beers. In the buildings of the old Dick Brothers Brewery home brewers will have tastings, while literally thousands of people will tour the tunnels and caverns ($10 per person) beneath the Brewery complex – and York street!
If you’re in the mood for a little (and we do mean little) exercise with your Oktoberfest, sign up ($10) for the not-so-grueling 0.2k Beer & Brat Dash! And throughout the day, funky polka music courtesy of the ÜberCool Band and the Bolzen Beer Band will have you dancing in the street!
Brewery Tunnel and Cavern Tours
Tour the tunnels and caverns under QuBA’s (Quincy Brewery Arts) Dick Brothers Brewery.
New in 2018 – more tunnels continue to be re-opened and on the tours. Tunnels everywhere!
- When: Saturday, October 13, 2018
- Time: Noon to 8pm
- Tickets available at Oktoberfest and online
- Tours are $10 for adults over 21 – tours include complimentary home brew tastings, while they last (noon to 3pm)
- Tours are $5 for ages 9 – 20
- Unfortunately due to insurance requirements, children under 9 are not permitted on the tours
- Tours start every 15 minutes
- Register and buy your ticket online, or buy them on the day of the event.
- HINT: online is quicker, easier, AND guarantees you a spot! Some slots are only available at Oktoberfest – take your chances!
Dancing, Live Music, & Activities
Hey, it’s a street party (Strassenfest)! We’ll have beer on tap from the major distributors offering dozens of brands of domestic and German beers, along with craft brew tastings in the Brewery from 4-7pm! Stage sponsored by First Bankers Trust Company.
- ÜberCool Band (more wild polka-themed fun) – Noon to 4pm
- Bolzen Beer Band (check out their videos, these guys are bringing the fun!) – 5pm to 9pm
- Brats and other delicious food cooked and served hot!
- Free Shuttle/Parking at the Quincy Senior Center from Saturday, 1pm – 6 pm
0.2K Beer & Brat Dash: Dash 200 meters while drinking a beer and eating a brat! A Quincy Rotary Oktoberfest ORIGINAL, this “grueling” 0.2k dash carves a track through York street with the help of Oktoberfesters. Interesting observation: the 3pm heat usually includes several highly competitive types who are out to win. By the 7pm heat, most participants are a bit more… relaxed.
Sponsored by Coors Light.
- Heats at 3pm, 5pm, and 7pm
- $10 per person – register online NOW!
- All participants get a full cup of beer, a delicious brat, and the highly coveted 0.2k Beer & Brat Dash window sticker!
Calftown Tours: guided tours of the Calftown area in the German Historic District. Discover how Quincy’s large German population lived, worked, and played. Pickup and drop-off is at 9th & York. Sponsored by Quincy Area Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- Noon to 4pm
- $10 per person – buy tickets online NOW!
Beer Stein Holding Contest: think you’re strong enough to hold a full beer stein longer than your opponent? Sign up! Sponsored by Craig Industries.
- 6pm and 8pm contests
- $10 per person – sign up now online!
Craft Brew Tasting
Want to sample unique craft brews? Of course you do! For just $10, get a punch card with 5 punches – 1 for each 2 oz craft brew tasting. And that’s not all! You’ll also get a ‘bonus punch’ for a full size craft brew of your choice! Sponsored by Haubrich Enterprises, Rinella Company, and Mississippi Belle Distributors.
- 4pm to 7pm
Homebrewers Tastings, Sponsored by HOMEBANK.
STROLL the boulevard of Quincy’s first planned neighborhood HEAR stories of wealthy Park Place residents’ lifestyles during the early 1900s and STEP into three homes’ dining rooms decked out for 1900s upper crust events!
Stories of weddings, parties, and lifestyle on 13 homes will be shared and we will go inside three homes (1224, 1237 and 1269 Park Place) that will be decorated like they were for the posh parties held there in the 1900s. Dick Brothers Brewery owners lived in this neighborhood!Please note: uneven surfaces, climbing steps on to porches required.
- Noon to 3pm
- Tours every hour
- $10 per person
Thanks to Klingner & Associates P.C. for sponsoring this tour!
NOTE: For online orders, please bring your receipt email as it will serve as your reservation for your tour time.
All tourists should report to 1215 Park Place 10 minutes prior to tour time. Tourists should park at Luther Memorial Church at 12th and Jersey (very close to Park Place) and walk to 1215 Park Place to begin the tour. See map.
After tours, please move your vehicles closer to the Oktoberfest event site (areas near 9th and York).
* First Bankers Trust Company * Mississippi Belle Distributors * Rinella Company * Haubrich Enterprises
* StarRadio * WGEM * Quincy Herald-Whig * Refreshment Services Pepsi * County Market * Y101
Knapheide * Priority One Printing * State Street Bank * Charter Communications * Golden Bridges
Quincy Area Convention & Visitors Bureau * Classic Colors * Smith Brothers Sports * Craig Industries
* Tigerhawk Technologies * Klingner & Associates P.C. * Home Bank * Tiramisu * Fresh Pix
Kristopher’s Hair Studio * District Design * Western Catholic Union * Leenerts Consulting
Bower & Associates * Media Development * Blessing Health System
Free admission. All proceeds benefit local Rotary Club Projects.
Take a look at past Oktoberfests… this could be you!