A fun, family tradition continues as Rotary’s Oktoberfest returns to The District and QuBA (Quincy Brewery Arts) in Quincy, Illinois with more to do, more to see, and TWO high-energy polka bands that’ll keep your toes tapping!
WHAT: 6th Annual Rotary Oktoberfest
WHEN: Saturday, October 13th, 2018 — Noon to 10pm
WHERE: Quincy’s German Historic District outside of QuBA’s Dick Brothers brewery. York Street between 9th and 10th streets
Tickets Will Be Available Online or at Oktoberfest
- Tunnel Tours
- 0.2k Beer & Brat Dash
- Calftown Trolley Tours
- NEW: Party on Park Place Tour
- Friday Evening – Abendbrot German Dinner
Party in the strasse with thousands! York street between 9th and 10th will host beer trucks from the major local distributors offering dozens of domestic and German beers.
In the buildings of the old Dick Brothers Brewery home brewers will have tastings, while literally thousands of people will tour the tunnels and caverns ($10 per person) beneath the Brewery complex – and York street!
If you’re in the mood for a little (and we do mean little) exercise with your Oktoberfest, sign up ($10) for the not-so-grueling 0.2k Beer & Brat Dash!
And throughout the day, funky polka music courtesy of the ÜberCool Band and the Bolzen Beer Band will have you dancing in the street!
Brewery Tunnel and Cavern Tours
Tour the tunnels and caverns under QuBA’s (Quincy Brewery Arts) Dick Brothers Brewery.
New in 2018 – more tunnels continue to be re-opened and on the tours. Tunnels everywhere!
- When: Saturday, October 13, 2018
- Time: Noon to 8pm
- Tickets available Oktoberfest and will be available soon online
- Tours are $10 for adults over 21 – tours include complimentary home brew tastings, while they last (noon to 3pm)
- Tours are $5 for ages 9 – 20
- Unfortunately due to insurance requirements, children under 9 are not permitted on the tours
- Tours include 5 Home & Craft Brew Tasting tickets
- Tours start every 15 minutes
- Register and buy your ticket online, or buy them on the day of the event.
- HINT: online is quicker, easier, AND guarantees you a spot! Some slots are only available at Oktoberfest – take your chances!
Dancing, Live Music, & Activities
Hey, it’s a street party (Strassenfest)! We’ll have beer on tap from the major distributors offering dozens of brands of domestic and German beers, along with craft brew tastings in the Brewery! Stage sponsored by First Bankers Trust Company.
- ÜberCool Band (more wild polka-themed fun) – Noon to 4pm
- Bolzen Beer Band (check out their videos, these guys are bringing the fun!) – 5pm to 9pm
- Brats and other delicious food cooked and served hot!
- Free Shuttle/Parking at the Quincy Senior Center from Saturday, 1pm – 6 pm
0.2K Beer & Brat Dash: Dash 200 meters while drinking a beer and eating a brat! Sponsored by Smith Brothers Sports.
- Heats at 3pm, 5pm, and 7pm
- $10 per person – register online NOW!
- All participants get a full cup of beer, a delicious brat, and the highly coveted 0.2k Beer & Brat Dash window sticker!
Calftown Trolley Tours: guided tour of Calftown in old-timey trolleys! Trolley pickup and drop-off is at 10th & York.Sponsored by Quincy Area Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- Noon to 4pm
- $10 per person
Beer Stein Holding Contest: think you’re strong enough to hold a full beer stein longer than your opponent? Sign up! Sponsored by HOMEBANK.
- 6pm and 8pm contests
- $10 per person
Craft Brew Tasting
- 4pm to 7pm
* First Bankers Trust Company * Mississippi Belle Distributors * Rinella Company * Haubrich Enterprises
* WGEM * Quincy Herald-Whig * Refreshment Services Pepsi * County Market * Y101 * Knapheide
Priority One Printing * State Street Bank * Quincy Recycle
Quincy Area Convention & Visitors Bureau * Classic Colors * Smith Brothers Sports
* Klingner & Associates P.C. * Home Bank
Free admission. All proceeds benefit local Rotary Club Projects.
Take a look at past Oktoberfests… this could be you!