Abendbrot – Oktoberfest German Dinner
What is Abendbrot? When literally translated it means “evening bread” in German. Think of the traditional German communal evening meal with family and friends… and then add three of Quincy’s finest chefs, a cheese connoisseur, and an expert on German wine pairings… and you and your closest friends. We like to think of this event as a fun evening with “gourmet comfort food”!
What: Abendbrot German Dinner
Where: 929 York – QuBA’s Dick Brothers Brewery’s Stockhouse
When: Friday, October 6th, 2017
6:30-7:30 Social Hour / Apps
- Quincy Brewer Arts – The not-for-profit with a goal to preserve and restore the Dick Brothers Brewery buildings and history, create an arts & entertainment district and to partner with organizations on community programs
- The District – help to promote and revitalize downtown Quincy through various economic development efforts.
- Rotary Club of Quincy – as part of our Oktoberfest fundraiser that supports local capital projects and community initiatives
- Cory Shupe, Thymes Square
- Kevin Minnick, The Maine Course
- Michael Mitchell – Bittersweet Confections
Cheese: Jon Hannchett, The Cheese People
Wines: Rusty Williams, Revelry
Tickets: Most tickets will be made available to sponsors, however a limited number will be available for purchase online NOW.
Sponsorships are available – contact Brenda Park or Bret Austin for more information.
$2500 | Presenting “Präsentieren” Partner – SOLD
Named presenting sponsor, Logo on volunteer t-shirts, speaking opportunity, Table of 8, signage at event, logo on printed materials, promotion on website & social media
$1000 | Brewery “Brauerei” Sponsor – 2 available
Table of 8, signage at event, logo on printed materials, promotion on website & social media
$500 | Draft Beer “Fassbier” Sponsor – 4 available
4 tickets to event, logo on printed materials, promotion on website & social media
$250 | Food “Lebensmittel” Sponsor – 5 available
2 tickets to event, name on printed materials, promotion on website & social media
** In kind and customizable partnerships available
Abendbrot will take place in the old Stockhouse of QuBA’s historic Dick Brothers Brewery in The District, Quincy’s historic business district.
Quincy Brewery Arts (QuBA) is providing this atmospheric space in an authentic historic brewery built by immigrant Germans to host a dinner featuring modern takes on traditional German gemutlich foods…
Chefs Minnick, Mitchell, and Shupe will each prepare their interpretation of a German classic, as well as three courses of breads, salads, and desserts.
German beer and wine will be paired with each course, and a cash bar will also be available, staffed by volunteers from the Rotary Club of Quincy.
Be part of the start of a new tradition. Abendbrot.